Seeing and recording Giant Sequoia trees (California)

Subject: Seeing and recording Giant Sequoia trees (California)
From: de_auditieve_dienst
Date: Sun Aug 6, 2017 12:43 am ((PDT))
Hi group,
i've been lurking and reading the great posts on the list, excellent discus=
sions as always.
I'm currently planning a roadtrip through california with my girlfriend and=
 am considering taking
some recording gear to record the beautiful parks we'll visit. It will be a=
 light weight setup:
Sonosax sx-r4 with dpa4060's and or sennheiser 50/30 combo.
We are going to Yosemite in the beginning of October and I just read that M=
ariposa Grove will
be closed "untill fall 2017". https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/mg.htm=
 https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/mg.htm
I'm not sure what that means with regards to a specific date (I will sent t=
hem a mail).

What I want to know if anyone here has recorded there and if it's even poss=
ible with all the visitors.
I'm not expecting pristine conditions or super quiet settings, because it's=
 a park with roads.
 However is it worth the effort of trying? Or should I take the time to go =
Sequoia National Park?

If anyone has any tips or recording stories to share from yosemite (or anot=
her nice place in CA), i'd
 love to hear it as preparation.

 Cheers,
 Arnoud