Re: Wildtronics a good product?

Subject: Re: Wildtronics a good product?
From: natureguyusa
Date: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:56 am ((PDT))
Hi John,

I just wanted to follow up with your post to clarify a couple of things.

The Wildtronics Pro Series line of parabolic microphones now use a machined=
, high strength nylon handle. They have been that way for a few years now. =
The new design plastic handle makes it easier to disassemble the dish and t=
o have access to the battery. The plastic handle design also makes it light=
er, with the Pro Mono and the Feather Light dish now only 1 lb 12oz. No one=
 has ever broken the plastic parts we use.

We advise caution when using PIP to power the microphone. It will work, but=
 you may not be getting the full benefit of the low noise microphone. Of al=
l the PIP recorders I have tested, I have seen at least a slight drop in ou=
tput and some added noise. A simple test to do is to try it with and withou=
t the battery turned on to see if you notice a difference. Most PIP voltage=
s are now 3 Volt and that is too low for best performance.

There are a few features built into the design of the Pro Series parabolic =
mics to address handling noise. One should note that all the isolation in t=
he world isn't going to stop the microphone from picking up the audible noi=
se itself since you are so close to the microphone. Rubbing your fingers in=
 the air, near the mic, will be picked up and you aren't even touching the =
microphone. It may take practice, but It is possible to obtain great record=
ings hand holding a parabola.

Bruce Rutkoski
Owner
wildtronics.com