Re: Wildtronics a good product?

Subject: Re: Wildtronics a good product?
From: "Peter Annear"
Date: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 am ((PDT))
Hi Rob,
It sounds as if you want uncluttered bird song rather than ambient recordin=
gs. I too am a green horn but I do have your Sennheiser set up and am borro=
wing a telinga parabola. My learning at the moment tells me that the shotgu=
n needs very fine focus for required sound on axis. Tiny changes of directi=
on seem to make a big difference. I now always monitor with headphones. The=
 ME66 is highly regarded in bird recording circles in U.K.  So I am inspire=
d and challenged by that.
I am enjoying the Telinga too. Low frequencies are reduced considerably by =
most parabolic Mics but most bird song falls neatly into the most efficient=
 frequency response of such a dish. Once again I am learning to listen care=
fully. I did experiment with squirrel baffles and dustbin lids but they sou=
nd weird to me!
Keep on with your ME66 and experiment deeply with tiny adjustments to posit=
ioning relative to desired sound.  It is so rewarding.
Happy recording
Peter

Sent from Peter's 'phone

> On 18 Jun 2017, at 17:53,  [naturerecordists] <natu=
> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>

> I'm a rank greenhorn.  So we are clear!
>

> So far my kit consists of an H4N pro, an ART PRE USB preamp and a Sennhei=
ser K6/ME66.   I'm on my own in this new adventure and only have the Intern=
et to learn from.

> The problem is I'm picky about the quality I'm getting.  I'm a bird lover=
 and photographer and need to get better quality birdsong.   Without breaki=
ng my bank account, what else can I do?

> I'm looking at parabolics  and am leaning towards wildtronics products. A=
ny experience out there, good or not with this company?  Telinga  seems to =
be the most trusted but it would cost me over $1000 USD to get one without =
a mic!

> Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.
>

> Rob

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: