Re: Spherical Quad Mics for Field Recording?

Subject: Re: Spherical Quad Mics for Field Recording?
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:30 am ((PDT))
I think this limitation is provoking a lot of people!

Jeremiah Moore, Jason Renier, and I were just at the Exploratorium here in
San Francisco a couple weeks ago for a night on sound they hosted (the
Nature Sound Society was there too!), and we had a live Ambisonics / Ambeo
demonstration going... and my interest afterward was the question of how to
add spaced timing de-correlation back into the rendered HRTF stereo things
like Facebook produce for real time head tracking...

...I was of the opinion that it would take some non-trivial DSP and
probably additional channels of information timing, but, if you don't mind
the filtering, maybe a wider spaces tetrahedron, maybe even baffled, would
be a fine start!

Very interested in this domain :)

aaron

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM  [naturerecordists] <

--

  quietamerican.org
  oneminutevacation.org

  83% happy