Re: Smart phone use for bird song recordings

Subject: Re: Smart phone use for bird song recordings
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:54 am ((PDT))
I have been experimenting with Android phones for 2 years.

The only external mics I have found are those from Rode, but they are
almost useless. They are connected to the minijack and allow only
monorecording  There is also a lot of noise with them and you cannot set
the volume, at least not with Samsung Galaxy.

In december last year I bought a Samsung S6 which is running Android 6.
At the same time I came across an app, Amazing mp3 audio recorder.

I have made several tests, recorded concerts, interviews, and now
recently birds. I use the internal mics as I have found no external
ones. The wind is my main problem.

Please have a look at this:

http://hljod.blog.is/blog/hljod/entry/2163251/

There are some explanations in English.

The Amazing mp3 audio recorder can store files in several kinds of audio
as mp3, wav etc.

On my blog http:hljod.blog.is

  are some recordings made with my Samsung S6 using the app.

Finally I would like to add that the producer of the app is very helpful
and open for new ideas.

I hope this helps.

Arnthor Helgason

=DEann 9.8.2016 22:48, skrifa=F0i  [naturerecordists=
]: