Re: Basic Bird Song/Call Recording Kit Recommendation

Subject: Re: Basic Bird Song/Call Recording Kit Recommendation
From: "Kevin Lucas" kslbirder
Date: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:22 pm ((PDT))
Bruce,
Your post helps me too. Is there a reason you left out the Olympus LS11? I
have one, and am ignorant of a fault with it. I'm no master of sound
recording.
Thanks,
Kevin Lucas

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:01 AM,  [naturerecordists] =
<
> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Unfortunately, Sennheiser gave you incorrect information that the MKE 400
> would directly connect to a smart phone. The MKE 400 and just about any
> 3.5mm microphone uses a TRS (3 connections) connector that will require a=
> adapter. Just about every smart phone uses a TRRS (4 connections)
> connector. The type of adapter you need is one similar to this one: *http=
://wildtronics.com/store.html#!/Smart-Phone-Adapter/p/57388524/category=3D5=
592559