Bat detector narration

Subject: Bat detector narration
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:31 am ((PDT))
More bat detector stuff. I've added a headphone socket to my budget bat det=
ector, so now I can connect it to my Sony M10 and record bats. I'm recordin=
g just on the left channel, and I had the idea that that it would be nice t=
o be able to record my voice to the right channel so I can describe my loca=
tion, frequency setting, etc, to help with analysis later.

Should be easy, I thought, but I've just realised the levels will be very d=
ifferent. I'm running the signal from the detector into the Line In socket =
of the recorder because it's at the level required to drive the detector's =
speaker. The only microphones I've got are unpowered ones that need to be c=
onnected to the Mic input.

Is there any simple way around this? Can I somehow lower the level of the d=
etector output so it can go into the Mic input too? I'm sure this is very b=
asic stuff for a lot of you, but it's new for me and I'm being cautious.

Peter Shute

Sent from my iPad

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional