Re: Hooke binaural wireless headphones

Subject: Re: Hooke binaural wireless headphones
From: "umashankar manthravadi" umashanks
Date: Sun Jul 5, 2015 9:23 pm ((PDT))
> I just found out about a company offering pre-orders for a new binaural w=
ireless headphone/microphone product.

> Here's their website: https://hookeaudio.com

Charles,

I looked it up and my hackles rose immediately when I saw that it claimed t=
be 3D. You cannot get three dimensional discrimination from two audio
sources. Done well, you can get 1 1/2 D, ie. stereo with some sense of
distance, but vertical information has to get lost simply because it is not=

there full stop.

The problem with any personally worn mic rig is noise, starting with the
wearer's breathing, and also clothing rustle and movement noise on the rig=

itself and its cables.

I think you will find, as I have, that this sort of rig is simply not
adequate for general nature recording, even if using a dummy head. Comparin=
the recording with the real thing, as heard by your ears in a wildlife
location, is likely to be very disappointing.

It's a good sales pitch up to "Mobile 3D Audio is (Finally) Hear" Rather
silly - and I have a good sense of humour.

David Brinicombe

Posted by:

Yahoo Groups Links