Re: Heat generated by small recorders

Subject: Re: Heat generated by small recorders
From: madl74
Date: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:41 pm ((PDT))
>  I'm guessing there won't be a problem unless the air temperature is quit=
e high or it's left in direct sun, but I might be underestimating how much =
heat it generates.

> Does anyone have any experience with this?

Peter,

I've wrapped up various sorts of gear and anything that runs for a good tim=
on batteries won't get very hot.

A 6V battery at 1 Ah which will run for 6 hours will draw 1/6 amp which
comes to around 1 watt and pro rata, more than your hand will emit and abou=
the heat of a flashlight bulb.

Check it out with the kit wrapped up in foam with a thermometer inside and=

compare this with the outside temperature.

Using gear in sunny weather will be much hotter and it will need protecting=

anyway with shade or foil. The Sun's heat is roughly 1 KW per square metre,=

or about 1 watt per square inch.

David Brinicombe

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional