Re: Birdsong Study Software

Subject: Re: Birdsong Study Software
Date: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 am ((PST))
John (and fellow nature recordists),

Just back from Puerto Rico. Thanks for your positive response and
reinforcement. My motivation for writing books about bird song was never fame
or riches. I love doing it, and I love recording bird songs (all nature
sounds). The real reward is receiving feedback that validates that time and
effort. I agree with your premise about conservation. I really do see an
expanding interest in nature in general, as well as in birds and bird song. I'm
sure we all have a part to play in fostering this movement.

I also know very well all of the names that you mention, and their devotion to
nature recording. I am one of Lang Elliott's many friends on Facebook, and
Kevin Colver had some kind words and support for my first book on the subject.
I am also in possession of some of your CDs. I respect the dedication and
expertise of you, and of all of the "artists" that you mention (as well as the
many others that make up this list). Unlike Woody Allen, I am happy to belong
to this group that would have me as a member.

Thanks again, and all the best,
Ernie