Re: single XLR to dual XLR cable

Subject: Re: single XLR to dual XLR cable
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:58 pm ((PDT))
in addition to the David reply, I would say that splitting the signal to
the two channel inputs allows you to set the recording level of the second
channel at lower level. By recording the second channel, say, 10 or 20 dB
lower gives you more chances to get a good recording even when the source
comes so close to the mic to provoke overload of the high level channel,
but not on the second channel !

Gianni

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=C3=A0 degli Studi di Pavia

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: