single XLR to dual XLR cable

Subject: single XLR to dual XLR cable
From: kent_olsen
Date: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 am ((PDT))
Dear members,=0D
 =0D
 I am currently using the basic stereo mode on my Zoom H4N recorder togethe=
r with a Sennheiser ME67/K6. When I only use one channel on my recorder, I =
get a high pitched signal coming from the unused channel. I can always remo=
ve the =E2=80=9Cempty=E2=80=9D channel with the unwanted signal afterwards =
in Audacity, but would like not to have to do that.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Therefore I have tried engaging mono mix in order to blend the left and ri=
ght signals down to mono. Nice function, but that does not removed the unwa=
nted noise from the empty channel, but instead just adds the high pitched s=
ignal it to the mono recording.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I now consider getting a "Y" cable to feed the signal from the Sennheiser =
to both stereo channels. I believe that I then should have redundant record=
ings on left and right channel without the high pitched signal.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 The question is whether I by using a single XLR to dual XLR splitter cable=
 will reduce the mono signal coming from the microphone by splitting the ca=
ble into two channels instead of just one?=0D
 =0D
=0D
 If that is not the case, do any of you have recommendation on a high end =
=E2=80=9CY=E2=80=9D cable?=0D
 =0D
=0D
 All the best=0D