[no subject]

Subject:
>  I now consider getting a "Y" cable to feed the signal from the Sennheise=
r to both stereo channels.

That would work and could actually give 3dB less system noise. I said
"could" not "would".

Possibly just shorting out the unused input would also work, but you need t=
test this first. You don't need a plug, just a wire between the terminals.=

You can check the higher frequency hiss noise with and without a mic and
with and without a shorting link by using the pile of bedclothes test which=

I frequently recommend. You don't need to measure anything, just listen bac=
for the hiss levels on each option, of course leaving the record volume
setting constant.

What is best is what sounds best, whatever the theory. Trust your ears.

David Brinicombe