Re: asking for advice

Subject: Re: asking for advice
From: "Bob & Sandi McLean" birdbrainbob
Date: Fri Oct 3, 2014 8:10 am ((PDT))
Hi Beatrice,

I know you will get much better advice than this for much better
equipment, but my advice is to start small ($) and wait to find out
what needs to be better before investing too much.

I would buy an Zoom H2 (~$110 ebay) and a  pair of Sony MDR-J10
earphones ($20 Radio Shack online?)

Put the Zoom recorder in your shirt pocket, earphones in the ears and
have at it.  Lots of fun.  You'll be able to hear birds that your
natural hearing can not. And you will be able to record the sounds for
later investigation.

Good luck,

Bob McLean,
Sonoma, CA