Re: Recording otters help !!!

Subject: Re: Recording otters help !!!
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Thu Jul 3, 2014 3:16 pm ((PDT))
David and all,

I happily use Olympus LS10 with Sennheiser ME66, the mic is powered by
its own AA battery (lasts ages) and connects to the recorder via a
mini-plug adapter cord.  I use the mic with a Rode shock mount/ handle
plus a Rode foam-fur slip on wind cover.  The Rode handle and wind
cover are quite a lot cheaper than Rycote, in Australia anyway.

This rig is quick to grab and easy to carry in the field.  And as John
points out, the best recorder is the one you have with you in the field!

Vicki Powys
Australia