Re: Recording otters help !!!

Subject: Re: Recording otters help !!!
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Wed Jul 2, 2014 7:43 pm ((PDT))
I use the ME66/K6. I own the Rode blimp but I never use the ME66 in
it. I do use the Sennheiser foam windshield that is designed for the
ME66 and a wind muff to cover the foam. I happen to use the
Windcutter brand, but there are many others. The foam/fur combination
has worked well for me even in very windy coastal environments, and
it is a lot easier to handle than a blimp and is also cheaper.

Sorry, I  can't speak to the DR-40 from personal experience, but it
does have rather noisy preamps, and even though the ME66 is a very
sensitive and fairly quiet microphone, the preamps on the DR-40 will
likely add noise. As David said, if you are in a noisy environment
that might not be too noticeable, but if you ever want to record in a
quiet environment I think you might wish you had invested in a better
recorder.

best of luck!
John

John Crockett