Re: Cheap electret microphones for environmental noise measurements

Subject: Re: Cheap electret microphones for environmental noise measurements
From: env.noise
Date: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 am ((PDT))
Thanks a lot for your quick and useful response, those microphone capsules =
from Knowles look really interesting!=0D
=0D
I already found the micbuilders group, but sent the request to join it two =
days ago and I have yet to receive a reply.=0D
=0D
About the number of systems (let's call them "motes") I need to build, I do=
n't have yet the exact number, but maybe they will be 50 or more. I'd like =
each one to cost less than 100=E2=82=AC if possible. They will be equipped =
with a microphone, a temperature (and maybe also humidity) sensor, a microc=
ontroller and an IEEE 802.15.4 radio interface.=0D
=0D
About the radio link, let me detail how it will be used a bit more: microph=
one raw data will not be sent through the audio interface, it will be proce=
ssed locally by each mote (to compute sound pressure levels, etc), and only=
 results will be sent. I'm avoiding cables because I will use a relatively =
high number of motes and they will be far of each one. Communicating them a=
ll via cable would be difficult.=0D