Re: Your favorite mic...

Subject: Re: Your favorite mic...
From: williamsmartin69
Date: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:25 am ((PDT))
Hi,
I like to be able to move about the bush or the town without too much baggage,
so my all time favourite is the cheap, and inconspicious Vivanco lapel mic
which I can only source online now. My old one,at 12 years old has just
died,well only one channel working.It has has been out in all weathers (not wet
of course).I have put it down holes,into compost heaps,under floorboards,
rocks, seaweed.It also comes with a generous ammount of lead. Useless in wind
though I've wrapped some fabric around it. A Rycote would have cost more than
the microphone.
I'm told that for better  quality the DPA models would be better. No doubt,but
too nice for compost heaps maybe.
Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional