Re: Good mics, medium mics, the best mics - what's the difference on

Subject: Re: Good mics, medium mics, the best mics - what's the difference on
From: "303" quies_still
Date: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am ((PDT))
Here=92s something a bit more lyrical for you, Curtis: ;-)

The first time you hear the world through a microphone is magical, whether =
that mic cost 20, 200 or 2000.
For most people this will not be a high end microphone, but something under=
 500.
As time progresses though, and you jump over that 500 hurdle, you will real=
ise that the difference in price (luckily) brings a noticeable difference t=
o your ears as well. For me personally, it was hearing the world through a =
Neumann for the first time, and then recently through a Sanken. I don=92t k=
now how to describe it other than that it recalibrates your ears. A good mi=
crophone will do that, regardless of the cost.

there.

Peter

On 19 Jun 2014, at 1:36,  [naturerecordists] <natu=
> wrote:

> Peter... woe. I'm stunned from learning so much about this stuff.
>
> Based on all the comments that you guys shared, I think it is safe to say=
 that this question is a fairly good one.

> Curtis

peter lenaerts
+61 (0)413 727 384
+32 (0)477 222 081