Re: An interactive Google map of LIVE Wild Soundscape feeds all over

Subject: Re: An interactive Google map of LIVE Wild Soundscape feeds all over
From: bobjoebonobobob
Date: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm ((PDT))
This is interesting to hear about, John Hartog @ rockscallop.org.=0D
=0D
In fact, sound IS light. =0D
=0D
Usually, where we find light (as in, man-made light) we also find people hi=
ghways and machines etc. so that would be a good place to start.=0D
=0D
When we examine it at the quantum physics level, we see how sound is nothin=
g more than an energy force oscillating in waves at various frequencies, ju=
st like light does.=0D
=0D
The idea here is to focus on incremental momentum, concerning how where and=
 why this would be implemented; and like any great invasion, slowly expand =
our horizons to designated targets where there the noisiest places are loca=
ted, such as cities, and specific places in those cities. Eventually establ=
ishing anthrophony zones and natural ones, so neither be completely obliter=
ated. =0D
=0D
Enforcing natural soundscape zones legally or using Law would add to the re=
sponsibilities of groups such as neighborhood watch, etc. and could potenti=
ally be a source of income - via fines. Or something like that.  =0D
=0D
"Send out emails, post to Facebook or Tweet out the info to engage people t=
o go to Hempton's and Krause's websites for listening and learning about na=
ture and sound.Organize public concerts of soundscapes and have a Q&A sessi=
on afterwards to address the environmental impact of anthrophony in these s=
oundscapes." - This is a very critical role that anyone interested in impro=
ving the relationship of their community with nature can take up. =0D
=0D
I plan to do this more and more - if by no other means, simply as a volunte=
er, or even a hobby. =0D
=0D
And good, well designed, clear and simple FLYERS placed regularly at strate=
gic locations, venues etc. is also a very underestimated way to inform the =
public, and it is a great way to feel active in this regard and with the co=
mmunity.=0D
=0D
A live feed could be accessed by anyone at any time, much like live video c=
ameras monitor endangered species, and recordings could be compiled annuall=
y by local databases/hard drives, likely housed in municipal buildings or t=
he like - in doing so, we would have sonic data, easily displayed on screen=
 or even paper to prove our point:=0D
=0D
 "At such and such a time there is too much noise (surpassing an agreed upo=
n decibel meter) from such and such activities (say, logging) in this area,=
 within the audible range of these specific habitats & animals (I usually g=
o with SONGBIRDS - even the meanest people I know seem to have a cosmologic=
al reverence for these musical creatures) - just look at the audible graphi=
cs compared to last year; hence we need improved logging methods, better ma=
chinery etc." =0D
=0D
That way, we can improve the soundscape by incrementally lowering the desir=
ed decibel goal of Anthrophony each year until it is ZERO.=0D
=0D
The fact remains - this must be accomplished. Laws concerning vehicles must=
 be enforced; an entire change in how we view transportation and machinery,=
 or hear these, rather. We can argue that this will create jobs - for profe=
ssional nature sound recording engineers and others. We have many valid poi=
nts in the debate - for example, what boxed-in teacher indoors all day long=
 with those horrid fluorescence tube lightbulbs and sterile reverberating c=
oncrete white walls would not be passionate about taking the kids outside m=
ore to learn about the natural world? Electrical machinery... etc. =0D
=0D
I will most certainly not stand around to watch all the work that leaders s=
uch as Krause and Hempton et al. have accomplished go unnoticed. So watch o=
ut!  =0D
=0D
Curtis Mullin