Re: Ls5 and external phantom power

Subject: Re: Ls5 and external phantom power
From: "Zach Poff" zacharypoff
Date: Mon Jun 9, 2014 8:33 am ((PDT))

That is totally wonderful. I don't own a 3032 or 4022 but I've always
wondered the same thing about PIP conversion. (I actually never knew the
caps were removable until this week!) Thanks for the experiment. The Lab
Blog never fails to amaze and inspire.

Off-topic: Just listened to the "spider in the bag" piezo preamp clip
too. Sounds very clean and I'm intrigued about the JFETless nature of
it. I've tried several circuits with "low noise" opamps and all were
much noisier than JFETs. (My learning curve is vertical too, but it
tends to get stuck at a lower latitude!)

-ZLP