Re: Ls5 and external phantom power

Subject: Re: Ls5 and external phantom power
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sat Jun 7, 2014 10:17 am ((PDT))
> I have a pair of AT3032s but never use them since they are not PIP and I =
cant be dealing with xlr cables and extra boxes. However I did check the ca=
psule and it seems to be electret based. The circuit inside the mic body is=
 a jfet amp feeding an internal transformer.

They are electrets. You've probably discovered that the 3032's capsule can =
be unscrewed--with some difficulty the first time as they glue the threads.

> Ill investigate machining a much smaller mic body with plug in power base=
d amplifier.

Good idea.

-Dan