Re: "Real world" self-noise of BP4025?

Subject: Re: "Real world" self-noise of BP4025?
From: "Magnus Bergsson" icelandnature
Date: Sun May 18, 2014 7:16 pm ((PDT))
You have give me a lot of reasons to think about the "tests and
microphones" last days David :-)
I will perform comparison / test this summer and use this variable test
tone as you mentioned.
I wish I could do the test outside but It is impossible for me because of
wind
I think it is also very important to make audible comparison too as I did
on http://fieldrecording.net/mic-test/ . It gives clear information that
BP4025 have a better "focus" on the bird tweets than VP88
Noise graph or specifications are not telling the whole story for those who
are searching for the "perfect mic".
I know about the patterns and setup. That was not a problem with the stereo
mics as they have a fixed setup (VP88 have some switches). But for a pair
of cardioid and omnis,  I need to find a simple but equal solution for the
setup.

Bestu kve=C3=B0jur / Best regards

*Magn=C3=BAs Bergsson*Tel: + 354 6162904
http://fieldrecording.net

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM, <> wrote:

> > I am so bad in English it is hard for me to answer your comments David.
> So
> > I will not beat your technical skills :-)
>
> Magnus,
>
> Your English is good but I didn't explain it well.
>
> > But you mentioned about some attachment...?
>
> The attachments were removed by Yahoo. I have managed to put them on the
> Yahoo Groups pages:

096

omb
> e/
>
> The warble test tone varies between 900 Hz and 1100 Hz which helps to eve=
> out the effect of reflections.
>
> > My stereo mic test is not perfect, it is just a comparison between this
> > three mics.
> > I did it mostly for my self to figure out the difference between this
> > three mics.
>
> Three mics with different patterns will sound different indoors because o=
> reverberations. That is why you will get better sensitivity test results
> outside.
>
> Sorry to be slow in replying, but I had to find out how to put these into
> Yahoo Groups.
>
> David Brinicombe

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional