Wind protection and mounting for MKH 8020 Pair

Subject: Wind protection and mounting for MKH 8020 Pair
Date: Thu May 15, 2014 3:50 pm ((PDT))
Hi all,=0D
 thanks for the recent good advice, leading to my purchasing a pair of MKH =
Message: 8020s.
Subject: Now I need to get them prepped and ready for the field!=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I've had lots of good suggestions, the easiest route would be to throw eac=
h mic into one of these:=0D
 http://www.rycote.com/products/modular-windshield-ws-10-kit/ http://www.ry=
cote.com/products/modular-windshield-ws-10-kit/ =0D
=0D
 or one of these:=0D
 http://www.rycote.com/products/windshield-solutions/modular-windshield-kit=
/modular-windshield-ws-9-kit-mzl/ http://www.rycote.com/products/windshield=
-solutions/modular-windshield-kit/modular-windshield-ws-9-kit-mzl/=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 The WS 10 being the less expensive of the two, and more doable for me righ=
t now.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I am looking to use these to capture urban/rural ambiences. Would just put=
ting these on a stereo bar about 30cm apart or so yield good results? Do I =
need to look into a Jecklin Disc or similar? Or will just spacing them on a=
 bar do the trick?=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I've also heard from some people who have used this with their 8020s:=0D
 http://www.rycote.com/products/suspension-medium-ortf-mzl/ http://www.ryco=
te.com/products/suspension-medium-ortf-mzl/=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I am not opposed to going at least partially DIY, and cobbling something t=
ogether from different parts, so long as it works really well.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I could also use some suggestions on a good stand or tripod for supporting=
 the stereo bar. The stereo bar will be holding the 2 8020s and an MKH 30/4=
0 MS combo in a  Rycote windshield.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Thanks in advance, and please point me to existing threads if there are so=
me that cover this specifically.=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Jason=0D