Re: 8020s are all right with me!

Subject: Re: 8020s are all right with me!
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 pm ((PDT))
Dan & all,

Indeed I had awful problems with the MKH 8020s, got through about 4
pairs, then Germany found the solution, there was a design fault
somewhere, something shorting out, a problem with the earth.  My
current re-designed replacement pair are just wonderful, I like them
much better than the MKH20s as they are quieter, and of course
substantially smaller and lighter.  I have not done a huge amount of
work with them at this stage, but no problems so far, and I'm not
expecting there will be.

As an added precaution, and being a SASS person, I have actually now
embedded the mics within a block of SASS shaped closed-cell foam,
which should insulate and protect them.

Vicki Powys
Australia