Re: 8020s are all right with me!

Subject: Re: 8020s are all right with me!
From: madl74
Date: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm ((PDT))
> When Sennheiser came out with their 8000-series mics, some nature recordists
> tried the MKH 8020 as a replacement for the tried-and-true MKH 20 omni mic.
> The offered improvements are smaller size and extended high frequency
> response to 60 KHz.
>
> Vicky Powys, for one, tried them and reported noise generation when used in
> the field. They were returned to the regional office for repair but that was
> ineffective.

Dan,

I use bat detectors and there is quite a lot of ultrasound around which we
are not normally aware of. I wonder if this is another case where an
extended HF sensitivity is the cause of problems, perhaps not in the mic but
in later stages.

> At El Polin Spring the humidity was 90% and everything was soaked with
> condensation from dusk to dawn. They performed perfectly.

Good to hear that the latest MKH's still work well wet.

David Brinicombe

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: