Re: Aquarian H2a-XLR-3 hydrophone

Subject: Re: Aquarian H2a-XLR-3 hydrophone
From: hexresedit
Date: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:30 am ((PDT))
Hello David,  =0D
 Here a couple of raw recordings made in ponds with the h2-xlr3 (3 meters c=
able) directly to the 744T, gain +-55 dB: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v82lx5=
dr9f8cwv4/EJNwfH4v_D https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v82lx5dr9f8cwv4/EJNwfH4v_D=
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 One of the locations:=0D
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=3Dplayer_detailpage&v=3DMyEvrPyAihU#t=
=3D185 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=3Dplayer_detailpage&v=3DMyEvrPy=
AihU#t=3D185=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Best, =0D
 jc=0D
 =0D
=0D
 ---In  <> wrote :=0D
=0D
 I've been looking at the Aquarian website and listening to the underwater =
=0D
 recordings, but they don't give much of a guide for more subtle underwater=
 =0D
 sounds. I'm not interested in humpback whales and ice floes as we don't ha=
ve =0D
 many of those in South West England. =0D
 =0D
 Has anyone used the H2a-XLR-3 hydrophone and what in practice is the hiss =
=0D
 level? I want to hear what's underwater in our local river and experiment =
on =0D
 the Bristol Channel shoreline mud flats and rock pools. =0D
 =0D
 I'm looking for a reasonable LF response and many recordings I've heard fr=
om =0D
 the UK sound very tinny and peaky. =0D
 =0D
 David Brinicombe=0D