Re: Small Recorder

Subject: Re: Small Recorder
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:09 pm ((PDT))
For the ones who want to experiment: All Sony machines provide plug
in power voltage just on the limit for driving the popular DIY
versions with two EM-172 capsules connected in parallel. It works,
but barely, and there are consequences under some conditions.

I use D-50's all the time. The only thing I don't like with it, is
that you have to go into the menu and select which memory you want to
use and that you have to select if you want plug in power or not. It
would have been really handy if the machine had remembered these
settings from time to time.

Klas

  At 11:44 2014-04-10, you wrote:

>Thanks guys, looks like the D50 wins in the dynamic mic section over the M=
10:
><http://www.wingfieldaudio.com/portable-recorder-noise.html#samples>http:/=
/www.wingfieldaudio.com/portable-recorder-noise.html#samples

>Thanks a bunch :)
>
>Eric
>

>On 10/04/2014, at 6:51 PM, Tim Bartlett
><<>> wrote:
>

>>The Sony D50 is also a good choice=85
>>

>>Tim

.com
>>Subject: [Nature Recordists] Small Recorder
>>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>This topic has probably already been discussed without end,
>>however, I'd like your current thoughts on what the best handheld
>>recorder is on the market at the moment? I'm interested in a
>>recorder that has very good built-in mics and pre-amp, has a
>>user-friendly interface and is rather small and light. Good battery
>>life would be a bonus :) Yes, I know I'm asking for the holy grail,
>>however, since we know that that does not exist, what is the
>>closest thing? It doesn't have to have XLR inputs since I've got my
>>Marantz for use with external mics. So just something small and
>>light with good internal sound.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Eric

>>[]
>>
>>This email is free from viruses and malware because

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01
email: