Re: BIG power options..............

Subject: Re: BIG power options..............
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 am ((PDT))
Hi, I have the same problem ... the choice depends on how many hours do you
want to get. All the 5V USB batteries I used were unsatisfactory, including
the 50000mAh on ebay. Also to say that powering the LS100 is sometimes
critical. With the internal battery I get 6 hours recording with internal
mics, but only 2 hours with P48 microphones.

At present I'm using a PolarMate 118Wh external battery for laptops
connected to a 12V to 5V USB regulator (one of those used for cigarette
light sockets). This way I get more than 7 days continuos recording in MP3
format. I'm waiting to get a 256GB sdxc card and a more powerful battery to
possibly do 10 days of uncompressed high quality recording (stereo, 48k, 24
bit .... about 1GB/h).
I also have to check if I can get the same recording time with external PIP
microphones.

Any hint for an alternative low-noise recorder with SDXC cards is welcome.
Gianni

PS: as already reported, the LS100 has a notch filter at 26 kHz that is
active only when the display is on. OLYMPUS tech service admit it has been
designed to filter the display noise!

> hello list,
>
> I've been looking at options for long-time powering an OLYMPUS LS-100 ( o=
> a MARANTZ PMD-611 ) [ or any other 5v recorder ]
>
> I've found these options:
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161020474861
>
> or this:
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171118387148
>
> or this one with 2 output sockets with different power options.
>
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171158307647?_trksid=3Dp2055119.m1438.l2649&var=
=3D470299274540&ssPageName=3DSTRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=E0 degli Studi di Pavia