Re: Recording in cold conditions

Subject: Re: Recording in cold conditions
From: "" hollan=
dhopson
Date: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:18 am ((PST))

I=92ve placed =93hot hands=94 style chemical hand warmers near my gear (par=
ticularly batteries) when recording in the cold. I=92ve also used a soft-si=
ded insulated cooler to protect my recorder. A spare furry cover for a blim=
p is a nice item if the one in the elements gets covered with rime ice=97ot=
herwise it can take a while to defrost and dry.
Holland

> In two days time I=92m heading to Spitzbergen, where I=92ll be artist-in-=
residence at a marine biology campaign (http://mare-incognitum.no/), and fo=
r the next two weeks I expect to be able to do field recordings outdoor in =
relatively cold conditions (could be down to minus 25 degrees Celsius or mo=
re).

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: