Re: use of birdsong playback

Subject: Re: use of birdsong playback
From: "Scott Varney" scottvarney1968
Date: Sun Jan 5, 2014 2:45 pm ((PST))
In many parts of the country, municipalities have used various sound clips =
at regular intervals to deter the presence of "nuisance" birds. Clearly, th=
ese have done the task of scattering birds such as crows and starlings. In =
these bird populations, we know that the population hasn't been reduced, bu=
t rather, temporarily displaced. It would be quite ignorant to imagine that=
 local populations of any bird species wouldn't be affected by the use of b=
ird songs and calls.

Sent from my iPhone