Re: use of birdsong playback

Subject: Re: use of birdsong playback
From: rock_scallop
Date: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:07 pm ((PST))
While camping last fall with a group of volunteers, my alarm was set to go =
off at 6 am. At almost the exact moment my clock beeped I heard a Northern =
Pigmy Owl call in the vicinity of a neighboring tent. I annoyingly assumed =
it was the other camper's alarm clock.  At breakfast asked her if the owl c=
all was from her phone.  She assured me it wasn't, but she was interested t=
hat I heard it since she was doing a habitat study on the area.  Later afte=
r dinner while wandering around camp I heard the owl call again, so I rushe=
d back to the group to say, "Did you hear it? I heard the pygmy owl again!"=
  The same camper was sitting there with a grin on her face, and her smart =
phone bird call app up, and said, "Did it sound like this?"=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 John Hartog=0D
 rockscallop.org=0D
 oregonsoundscapes.com=0D
c=3DX3oDMTJxczgzajlqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDg=
zNjYzBG1zZ0lkAzUyMTUwBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM4ODkzNDU5Mg--?act=
=3Dreply&messageNum=3D52150 Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topi=
c http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/post;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJlMGV1ZW=
s1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc=
2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM4ODkzNDU5Mg-- Messages in this topic http://groups.ya=
hoo.com/group/naturerecordists/message/52133;_ylc=3DX3oDMTM2Mjhtc2MyBF9TAzk=
3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBG1zZ0lkAzUyMTUwBHNlYw=
NmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM4ODkzNDU5MgR0cGNJZAM1MjEzMw-- (7) Recent Activ=
ity: New Members http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/members;_yl=
c=3DX3oDMTJmOTQ1N2cwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDg=
zNjYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzODg5MzQ1OTI-?o=3D6 4 Visit Your Gr=
oup http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJlNW8xc2lnB=
F9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xr=
A3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM4ODkzNDU5Mg-- =0D
 =0D
 "While a picture is worth a thousand words, a =0D
 sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause.=
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJkcHN1MjJhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAz=
IxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzg4OTM0N=
Tky Switch to: Text-Only =
m?subject=3DChange%20Delivery%20Format:%20Traditional, Daily Digest mailto:=
=3DEmail%20Delivery:%20Diges=
t =E2=80=A2 Unsubscribe =
?subject=3DUnsubscribe =E2=80=A2 Terms of Use http://info.yahoo.com/legal/u=
s/yahoo/utos/terms/ =E2=80=A2 Send us Feedback ygroupsnotifications@=
yahoogroups.com?subject=3DFeedback%20on%20the%20redesigned%20individual%20m=
ail%20v1=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D