Re: Visitor's Center Soundscape Project

Subject: Re: Visitor's Center Soundscape Project
From: listeningfor1
Date: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:31 pm ((PST))
Thanks for the info on the stand-alone SD card player.  I have not heard of=
 those devices, but I'm not surprised that they exist.  That's exactly the =
kind of information I was hoping to learn about.  The refuge has started co=
nstruction on their new visitor's center, but it won't be complete for anot=
her year.  I think there are still some negotiations ongoing about how much=
 PA they can afford.  I suspect that there will be just a couple of small s=
peakers attached to either side of the bay window.  I visited Bosque del Ap=
ache NWR a couple of months ago and noticed that they had a similar install=
ation.  Only, they used a live microphone mounted in an enclosed container =
underneath a hummingbird feeder which was hung a few feet outside the windo=
w.