Visitor's Center Soundscape Project

Subject: Visitor's Center Soundscape Project
From: listeningfor1
Date: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 am ((PST))
Hi guys,=0D
=0D
A project has landed in my lap, and I was hoping for a bit of insight.  A l=
ocal wildlife refuge (Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge) has asked that =
I supply their visitor=E2=80=99s center with recordings of the refuge=E2=80=
=99s soundscape.  (This is a volunteer project.)  I=E2=80=99m not sure how =
many hours of sound files that I need or what=E2=80=99s the best way to del=
iver the recordings for playback.  My understanding of what the staff has i=
n mind is to play soundscape recordings in a small, =E2=80=9Creflection=E2=
=80=9D area of the visitor=E2=80=99s center.  They tell me that the area wi=
ll be centered around some benches and a bay window that overlooks the refu=
ge.  So, I=E2=80=99m thinking this is a somewhat low-key setting.  Concerni=
ng the soundscape, the refuge features springs, ponds, mesquite forest and =
desert scrub.  =0D
=0D
Any thoughts?=0D
=0D