The Animal Communicator

Subject: The Animal Communicator
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:21 am ((PST))
Okay guys you got my attention. I find it amusing how people find the psych=
ic communication to be "charming," but people fail to have interest in demo=
nstrable interspecies communication.

When I joined this group, I expected to find people interested in sound to =
the point of trying to interpret unusual speech. It takes training and dedi=
cation if you wish to achieve trans-species communication. Some months ago =
a few people listened to a bird speaking Italian and the comprehension by h=
umans was poor. Additionally, typical of new language students, listeners i=
ncluding nature recordists became quickly frustrated by their inability to =
comprehend what they heard and resigned midway through the exercise.

I find birds, usually parrots, are learning language. The communication pro=
cess breaks down because human listeners do not pay attention and do not kn=
ow how to listen to decode the message. My macaw has a range of about 6000 =
words, phrases, and statements she makes, although she is not a trained bir=
d. She has learned English and can put together novel or modified statement=
s. Her speech exhibits different types of English grammar. The problem is t=
hat hardly anyone is interested in the achievement. This is not covert comm=
unication like that claimed by psychics, because unlike 'psychic' communica=
tors, the bird says things that may be examined--i.e., I have thousands of =
hours of recordings.

Of all the people on the planet, there were three groups I anticipated to b=
e able to comprehend unfamiliar and difficult-to-understand speech on a rec=
ording; those groups were musicians, radio amateurs, and others interested =
in sound recordings. Yet I find that I am alone in my quest. People look fo=
r intelligence in outer space, but few look for terrestrial creatures with =
communicative abilities beyond our relatives, the chimpanzees.

My findings are corroborated by another activity that demonstrates that bir=
ds are capable of learning a human language. People sending me recordings o=
f their bird's undecodable (to them) speech. When I review the speech, I so=
metimes find the birds are speaking complete sentences of untutored express=
ions that were unrecognized by the owner. I know the transcriptions are cor=
rect because I heard proper names that I could not know in advance, the nam=
es of unfamiliar towns, peculiar accents (i.e. Canadian), and other feature=
s that I could not know before hearing the bird speak the words. Many owner=
s confirm the information contained in the statements made by their birds. =
Hence, when it comes to trans-species communication (a better term since it=
 involves our language), one need look no further than to avian species her=
e on Earth. It is a shame that the abilitiers of birds are so overlooked by=
 a species so fixated on itself and other apes in our indirect
 lineage.

Regards,

Mike
Florida
www.ParrotSpeech.com
=A0

=A0

Some of you are thinking, "This guy is nuts! Birds can't learn language

1a
The Animal Communicator
Wed Dec=A011,=A02013 8:14=A0am        (PST)        . Posted by:
nrdavies.jim71
This is a little different for this group but I'm sure many of you will app=
reciate this film I've just watched and been touched
deeply by.

It's about a woman who can communicate with animals.

http://www.cultureu nplugged. com/documentary/ watch-online/ play/11936/ Th=
e-Animal- Communicator#

best wishes,
norman.