Re: ZOOM H6

Subject: Re: ZOOM H6
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am ((PDT))
On 20/08/2013, at 7:53 PM, "Grant Finlay" <<gra=
>> wrote:=0D
=0D
=0D
I don't get this whole "check out a $200 recorder, does it sound as good as=
 a nagra/sounddevices/marantz etc.. " mentality.=0D
Seriously, if I want a pro sounding recorder/preamp/mic I go out and buy on=
e. Not one unit but the best sounding recorder & preamp & mic.=0D
Put it this way, my Toyota Corolla will still get me to work but not with t=
he comfort of a Rolls Royce but hey, I like the ride!=0D
=0D
This is relevant from the first paragraph of the article:=0D
" In other comparisons I=E2=80=99ve done the lower priced battery powered g=
ear added a bit of noise that I don=E2=80=99t hear with a comparably priced=
 audio interface, even when using the same mics. But technology moves on an=
d there have been some terrific new preamp-on-a-chip products released in t=
he last couple of years, so Zoom=E2=80=99s claim of improved preamps seemed=
 plausible."=0D
=0D
If technology is making small, cheap recorders better then why not? For tho=
se of us with price and weight limits (and maybe the time to wait for a sol=
ution to come along), it's worth investigating.=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional