Re: Coordinates from iPhone

Subject: Re: Coordinates from iPhone
From: "jtudor2005" jtudor2005
Date: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:55 am ((PDT))
So you don't think it's worth recording even to 0.1". i.e. 3m? I've watched=
 my previous phone continue tracking when I'm stationary, but I would have =
said it was mostly moving around within 5m of me. Even if it was 10m, I wou=
ld have thought recording to the nearest 1" (30m) would be throwing away so=
me usable precision.

> I've also done a little geocaching, and the coordinates supplied often ge=
t me within metres of the caches.

> Peter Shute

I too geocached for many years.

I'm not saying accuracy isn't important. I'm saying that searching for that=
 accuracy at a reasonable cost, for what you are doing, is wasted effort.

All you need to do is say 'I'm at this location for this recording' A metre=
 or 2 isn't going to make a difference one way or the other.