Re: Interference from electric fence?

Subject: Re: Interference from electric fence?
From: "Ray Mansell" BCTess
Date: Wed Jun 5, 2013 11:20 am ((PDT))
It's an electromagnetic pulse, and unless all of your electronics are
well-shielded, it is likely to register. The same thing happens when
lightning strikes close by - you can often hear a 'click' just before the
thunder itself appears on the recording. This click is caused by the
electromagnetic pulse generated by the lightning, and by measuring the time
difference between this 'click' and the start of the thunderclap, you can
calculate the approximate distance to where the lightning struck. I had one
last year in the woods next to the house - less than 100 feet away.

Ray