Introducing and asking for help

Subject: Introducing and asking for help
From: "stephenjayfan" stephenjayfan
Date: Mon May 13, 2013 4:44 am ((PDT))
Good morning,

I am Davide Nespoli, a Ph.D. student in Animal Biology in Milan (Italy).
My Ph.D. project aims to analyze the divergence between passerines populati=
ons in a bunch of target species characterized by unsure taxonomies.
I will analyze morphological, genetic and bioacustic divergence.
I therefore need a good/very good recording equipment, given the detailed a=
nalyses I will try to perform (between-indivual and between-populations com=
parisons of the song structure, playback studies, ...).

I need to buy all the equipment, trying to have the "maximum" recording qua=
lity without excessive costs.
May you help me? :)

I should decide between these models.
Recorder: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2, Marantz 661/671, Fostex FR2-LE.
Microphones: Sennheiser ME66 or ME67

What is the best choice for songbirds in your opinion?
Have you any other model you think it will be useful to add to the comparis=
on?

Thank you very much.

Davide