Re: Newbie iPhone question

Subject: Re: Newbie iPhone question
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Thu May 9, 2013 4:52 am ((PDT))
The iRig Pre can provide phantom power, in which case you won't need to use=
 the battery in the ME66. But for longest recording time, you may want to e=
ase the drain on the iPhone by NOT using the iRig's phantom and instead usi=
ng the ME66's AA battery.

Try it both ways and see if the background noise is less when using phantom=
 instead of battery.

Other than that, this combination should work. Yes, you can use a XLR 3-pin=
 extension cable between the ME66 and the iRig Pre, up to a couple of hundr=
ed feet in length.

If you are recording loud sounds at close range, you may overload the pream=
p in the iRig, depending on where in the preamp circuit their 'gain control=
' is placed. For distant nature recordings this is probably not an issue.

> Newbie iPhone question
>    Posted by: "Bill Whitacre"  billw600
>    Date: Wed May 8, 2013 4:54 pm ((PDT))
>
> I wonder if anyone can direct me to a link or offer a little advice on co=
nnecting a Sennheiser ME66 to an iPhone?