Re: The Beast of Fogg Dam

Subject: Re: The Beast of Fogg Dam
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:53 pm ((PDT))
That explains it. All rigs boost something, that is why you use them,
and in your case you get a "crispy" sound.
But I prefer the kind of rig you are using, before SASS.

As you know, I was constantly working with different rigs for several
years. I used plates of different sizes and shapes and also bent them
in different ways. I took different segments from parabols and tried.
I gave up on all of them. Some of them did great, but there was also
always a price you had to pay, in your case "crispy". The rigs that I
did that somewhat resembles the sound from your rig, was a total
disaster around here, with all the aspen trees, in all directions.

Klas.

At 05:38 2013-03-23, you wrote:
>I agree Klas, I tried reducing the high mids a bit and it sounds
>more balanced. Thanks for the tip.
>
>I was using 2 x AT4022's in a parallel boundary array made from
>lightweight balsa wood. The mic's are set back approx 3cms from the
>front of the box.
>
>I wonder does my parallel array produce  'crispier' (!) results
>compared with a SASS ? I am going to put together a DIY SASS and
>compare the two.
>

>--- In  Klas Strandberg <> wro=
te: