Re: DIY cardioid lavalier

Subject: Re: DIY cardioid lavalier
From: m_pesente
Date: Fri Mar 1, 2013 10:28 pm ((PST))
I got EM171's from Germany
http://www.primomic.de/index.php?con=3D4&en=3D1

Marco

--- In  "kronseth" <> =
wrote:

> Thanks for the tips!
> I wrote a reply, seems like it doesn=C2=B4t show. In case it does, sorry =
for the repost. I=C2=B4ve ordered some Transounds. Hope they work out. The =
EM171=C2=B4s I have yet to try. Primo ignores my questions, concerning card=
ioids. Anyone know where to get them? The 172=C2=B4s covers most of my need=
s, and outperforms my (now sold) $1000 a pair mics. They had changeable pol=
ar-patterns, so now I need to fill that hole.

 wrote:

> > > Hi Marco!
> > > I haven=EF=BF=BDt really tried them. Love the 172=EF=BF=BDs though. A=
re you happy with the 171=EF=BF=BDs?
> > > -A

ote:

 solder a shielded cable and seal off the end. the ones I was talking about=
 are half that size at 6 mm, more difficult to work with, but they are the =
standard lavalier size. the larger capsules are also quieter.most of the mi=
kes I have built use the slightly larger tsb 140 and the much larger tsb 25=
Message: 55.
Subject: I have some recordings of rajasthani folk musicians which I plan to
pos=
t on soundcloud. (the experiment includes a transformer front end for the Z=
oom H2, but that is another story. I will let you know.