1. Re: iRig pre

Subject: 1. Re: iRig pre
From: "" m_pesente
Date: Sat Jan 5, 2013 11:26 am ((PST))

> Yes, this Y cable can be used and I guess that you always used this cable=
 for all your tests in conjunction with the ArtPhIIPro.

Hi Raimund,
unfortunately I didn't use this Y cable for the test already carried out.
I will try to repeat the test, using two AT3032 and then select a single ch=
annel. Do you think it proper to go this route, or is it better to connect =
the Y-cable but using only one microphone?
At today I can not prepare a cable like the one you described.

Regards,
Marco

--- In  "Raimund"  wrote:

> > I own two AT3032, an Art Phantom II Pro and a Y cable XLR R+L to Jack 3=
,5 stereo, so I'm able to connect Two AT3032 to a Sony M10 (or Olympus LS5)=
 via ArtPhIIPro: can this be usefull to our test?

> Hi Marco,
>
> Yes, this Y cable can be used and I guess that you always used this cable=
 for all your tests in conjunction with the ArtPhIIPro.

> It is just the common way for connecting a balanced microphone to an unba=
lanced 3.5mm stereo microphone input. Most of these cables connect the seco=
nd (unused) output signal rail to ground (pin 1). I'm unfortunately not sur=
e what effect this excatly has on the AT3032.

> If you wanted to try the alternative connection scheme that I just descri=
bed, then you would need a different cable.