1. Re: iRig pre

Subject: 1. Re: iRig pre
From: "" m_pesente
Date: Wed Jan 2, 2013 7:56 pm ((PST))

Hi Max and All,
here in dropbox the files of the practical test I promised for IRigPre + So=
ny M10 Vs. IRigPre + Olympus LS5.
Recorded 44,1 - 24bit.
Always MAX GAIN for IRigPre.
 .
Line IN: level matched +5db for LS5; Mic sense LOW Vol.10 both for Sony and=
 for Olympus
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10964978/IRigPre_LineIN_SonyM10_vs_OlymLS5%2B5db_L=
ow10.WAV

Mic IN: level matched +2db for M10; Mic sense LOW Vol.5 for Sony Vol.2 for =
Olympus
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10964978/IRigPre_MicIN_SonyM10%2B2db_vs_OlymLS5_Lo=
w3-5Sony_Low2Olym.WAV

Here two video files swf Macromedia Flash Player of the same files
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10964978/IRigPre_LineIN_SonyM10_Vs_OlymLS5.swf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10964978/IRigPre_MicIN_sony_vs_Olym.swf

Probably, it may be better to repeat the test for Mic Input, I am forced to=
 lower the volume too much on both the recorders because of the high volume=
 (MAX) on the preamp. I think we need to find the right balance between the=
 two potentiometers, both the recorder and the preamplifier.

Marco Pesente

--- In  "Max" <> wrote:

> Hi Marco!
> 50 days; unreal!!
> You will find a much better signal with MIC IN rather than LINE. However,=
 I'm not a technical man and am not sure this is correct; BUT, it does work=
 well. I put the volume wheel of my LS-10 on 10 and set on LOW setting. Lik=
e this you need only use the gain control on the iRigPre. Be careful to red=
uce gain on iRigPre to zero before turning on, or connecting to Olympus!