Re: preamp quandry

Subject: Re: preamp quandry
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:19 pm ((PST))
Apologies to all; the info I had was for the 1.5 not the 2! It was this ver=
sion that sold recently:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D160928537140&ssPageN=
ame=3DADME:B:ONA:GB:3160
And it was the link on that page where my info came from. I was convinced i=
n my own mind it was a 2, and am equally now convinced that my mind is well=
 past it's sell by date!
Cheers
Max

--- In  "Max" <> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> I think perhaps I wasn't clear enough. What I should have said is, that t=
his unit won't work with 64 bit operating systems, such as Windows 7 or XP,=
 or 64 bit Macs.
> Cheers
> Max
>

> --- In  Dan Dugan <dan@> wrote:
> >
> > Max Catterwell wrote re USBPre 2
> >
> > > One of these sold on eBay the other night for =A3128; they would have=
 got it cheaper if I hadn't bid =A3126! I didn't need it so only bid low (t=
hey don't work with 64bit operating systems).

> > From SD's web site:
> >
> > "As a class-compliant audio device, the USBPre 2 is limited to a maximu=
m data rate of 24-bit, 48 kHz in Windows, Linux, and Mac OS versions 10.4 t=
o 10.5.7. Mac OS 10.5.8 and higher support the audio class 2.0 device and c=
an address the USBPre 2 up to 24-bit, 192 kHz.

> > "To enable higher sampling rates in Windows OS, download the available =
Windows ASIO driver."