Re: preamp quandry

Subject: Re: preamp quandry
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:39 pm ((PST))
Max Catterwell wrote re USBPre 2

> One of these sold on eBay the other night for =A3128; they would have got=
 it cheaper if I hadn't bid =A3126! I didn't need it so only bid low (they =
don't work with 64bit operating systems).

>From SD's web site:

"As a class-compliant audio device, the USBPre 2 is limited to a maximum da=
ta rate of 24-bit, 48 kHz in Windows, Linux, and Mac OS versions 10.4 to 10=
.5.7. Mac OS 10.5.8 and higher support the audio class 2.0 device and can a=
ddress the USBPre 2 up to 24-bit, 192 kHz.

"To enable higher sampling rates in Windows OS, download the available Wind=
ows ASIO driver."

(disclosure: I am a Sound Devices dealer)

-Dan