2. Re: iRig pre

Subject: 2. Re: iRig pre
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sat Dec 1, 2012 4:05 pm ((PST))
Hi John,

My experience was similar to yours, when testing AT4022s a) to SD702
direct and b) via Denecke phantom power unit to an Olympus LS10.
That is, there was more noise using the Denecke.

What we need now is a comparison of good mics via the iRig (which
includes a pre-amp as well as power supply), then via a unit that
only supplies power, running to a small flash card recorder (e.g.
Sony or Olympus).  The iRig may make a difference, but hard to say
how much.

cheers,

Vicki