Re: iRig Pre anyone?

Subject: Re: iRig Pre anyone?
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:41 am ((PDT))
Hi Dan!
Yes, I did actually find your review of the Tascam, but when you said you'd=
 take the LS10 over it any day, I shied away from it. I'll report back when=
 I've tested the iRig, although my ability to scientifically test is non ex=
istent! I will however test it in the best silence I can find, and for cont=
inuity compare the recording to one done at the same time with the LS10. Th=
e iRig appears to be an absolute steal, but only time will tell.
Cheers
Max

--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> > Having read a couple of reviews which seemed favourable, I've ordered o=
ne. For anybody not aware, this is 9v battery powered pre that plugs into t=
he headphone socket of the ipod, and can supply phantom power to an XLR soc=
ket; has a gain control and headphone socket; see here:
> > http://www.macmixing.com/review-irig-pre-from-ik-multimedia-use-your-fa=
vorite-mic-with-any-ios-device/
> > I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who might have used one of the=
se.

> I've tried this:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/iM2-Channel-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B0065GF5VW=
/ref=3Dsr_1_2?ie=3DUTF8&qid=3D1350147353&sr=3D8-2&keywords=3Dtascam+microph=
one

> which is stereo. The mics are not facing the sides as they appear; the ca=
psules are actually angled 45 degrees inside the housings.

> It's ok but the assembly with iPod or iPhone isn't very robust; I'll take=
 an LS-10 over it any day. Sounds good.