Re: Upgrading my PMD660 and ME67

Subject: Re: Upgrading my PMD660 and ME67
From: "bwanakomba" bwanakomba
Date: Thu Oct 4, 2012 12:50 am ((PDT))
Thanks David,

 If I upgrade to a better shotgun mic it would be then be possible to get an
omni mic to construct an MS rig as required. Or is it crucial to pick the right
shotgun mic to marry well with the right omni. Thus one might not chose a long
shotgun mic (like my ME67 or equivalent MKH) as it may not work well with an
omni in the MS rig. I read that MKH40 and MKH60 is a popular combination, but
is an MKH60 a good stand alone mic with enough side rejection for mono
recordings of bushbabies and birds.

Budget wise I hope my research funding proposal will be accepted to invest in
the kit we are discussing.

I am posting a recording to this group but I can send them to you personally as
well.

Thanks for the input much appreciated. Andrew