DIY boundary mic

Subject: DIY boundary mic
From: "mipartitus" mipartitus
Date: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 am ((PDT))
Hi, I am trying to build a DIY SASS-like system. I use Primo EM-712 capsule=
s and was wondering whether or not the left and right mics should be asymme=
tric with respect to height. I see some designs where one mic is higher tha=
n the other one, but other designs seem to be symmetric.

Is there an acoustic reason as to why the heights are sometimes different, =
or is it just that the Sennheiser mics won't fit otherwise (a problem I won=
't have with the EM-172's)?

Thanks, Gabriel